Distillation Trays Efficiency, Column Efficiency : MaletaCD
Maleta Distillation Trays - Efficiency Innovation
One method for increasing mass transfer efficiency is cyclic distillation. The required process conditions to attain this are as follows: in a vapor flow period the liquid stays on the tray (does not move from tray to tray); in the liquid flow period the liquid from tray to tray passes without mixing between adjacent distillation trays. The liquid flow (feed and reflux) is in continuous mode in the column. Our cyclic distillation trays have successfully tested and proven themselves since 2005 years.
Key economic benefits of Maleta distillation trays
- Lower investment cost 20…50%: less distillation column height; smaller distillation column diameter; smaller square of the heat exchanger; less steel construction; consumes less space
- Lower hot energy consumption 20…35%: high mass transfer efficiency; reduction of reflux rate
- Lower electricity energy consumption 25…30%: reduction column height; lower reflux rate
- Lower cold energy consumption 20…35%: lower reflux rate
- Improvement of product quality: high mass transfer efficiency; higher concentration of impurities; higher and clear concentration of key product.
- Increase of product yield: high mass transfer efficiency; higher concentration of impurities or other fractions
Environment enhancement Technological advantages of Maleta distillation trays
- Mass transfer efficiency of 1 cyclic distillation tray is equal of 3 usual tray
- Reduction of the residence time of liquid in the distillation column
- The uniform arrangement of liquid on the distillation tray
- Ability to control the amount of liquid on the distillation tray
- Any geometric configuration of the distillation trays (possibilities to build tray dividing wall column)
- The separation efficiency doesn’t depend on the column diameter. Simplification of the transfer of the results of physical modeling in pilot columns for industrial columns.
- Placement any type of packing between distillation trays for rise mass transfer efficiency
- Partition bubbling layer on height
- Placement of a catalyst on a distillation trays, included in a boiling layer catalyst
- Ability to control the reaction time
- Better process control
- The pressure drop in the distillation column does not depend from change liquid load in the column, since the amount of liquid on the distillation trays is constant, and only change the frequency of cycles. Liquid load of column from 1 to 30 m3/m2hr
- The vapor speed in the distillation column can be from 0.2 to 20 m/sec, it depend from pressure in the column. The upper limit of vapor speed is limited by carryover of liquid to the up tray
- The stability and efficiency operation of distillation column in case changing concentrations of the key components of the raw materials
Possible limitations of the process
- Crude oil processing
- Liquid load on the tray does not exceed 30 m3/ m2hr
Maleta distillation trays can be used for distillation, reactive distillation, stripping & absorption in chemical, petrochemical, oil refining, gas processing, organic synthesis, pharmaceutical, nuclear and other industries. Today, Maleta distillation trays (cyclic distillation technology) works in stripping column, rectification column and tray dividing wall columns with a diameter ranging from 400 to 1700 mm.
Revamping of existing distillation columns (distillation trays)
We are offering reconstruction of existing distillation column by replacing of distillation trays on more efficient Maleta distillation trays. Our company undertakes the coordination of all the procedure for replacing distillation trays, design, manufacture, delivery, installation and post guarantied service.